Ideas from Great Valley teachers:
- Earth day: April 22
- Literary devices or figurative language (Lutz)
- Symbolism of colors
- Hero archetype
- Supply & Demand for economics (McGrath)
- (Carlino) We’re reading The Crucible¸ and discussing justice and scapegoating and mob mentality. Maybe something about stats on wrongly incarcerated?
- numbers of women around the world who are killed after a “trial” for being a “witch”? …
- It’s also tied to McCarthyism so that would be interested to create too..
- something about which words are most commonly misused in today’s language
- Autism to be displayed for Autism awareness month (April)
- 5 main types of chemical reactions and the 5 signs that chemical reactions are occurring so those are two good topics or one big topic that 10th graders could work on. (Lehman)
- Any infographic about the writing process (brainstorm, rough draft, revision, final draft, editing) would be helpful
- anything about types of context clues in reading (restatement, contrast, inference) would be awesome. (Kish)
- heroic archetype
- renewable energy sources
- Since Earth Day is coming up, I would recommend infographics on what people can do to reduce their carbon foot print or how to recycle or replace plastics.
- ways to reduce energy consumption in your home is another great topic!
- Tobacco, alcohol, and drugs. Maybe one on vaping...effects on the body of all three