Type as a Shape (right click to download, then drag and drop onto Illustrator icon in dock)
Converting text into paths-
1. Select The Great Justini,
2. go up to the type menu and go down to create outlines (it's no longer editable text). It just turns into a bunch of paths that that are grouped together.
3. Select the One Night Only text and do the same
4. The text can now be edited with the white pointer or the shape shifting tools
Try spinning the text or pushing it and twisting it with the tools seen below:
Type on a path (right click to download, then drag and drop onto Illustrator icon in dock)
Adobe Illustrator: Type on a path.ai
- Having your text flow along a path that you create is a great way to add a little bit of of a customized touch to an otherwise boring set of text.
1. Choose "Great Justini" text and move it off to the side, out on the pasteboard.
2. Draw the path using the Pencil Tool make it a little wave across the top of the next line.
3. Choose the type Tool, click and hold on that and choose Type on a Path.
4. Click on the beginning of the path and type "The Great Justini".
5. Open the Paragraph Styles, and choose Heading, You may have to adjust the size too.
You see also when you have a text object that's on a path selected, it has little bars that indicate little things you can do with the text
1. Adjust the starting point of the text
2. Change this end point right
3. Control the direction of the text to flip it back and forth.
4. Use the white pointer to manipulate the path.
Painting in Illustrator (right click to download, then drag and drop onto Illustrator icon in dock)
Illustrator's Paintbrush Tool (B) and Brush Panel are some of it's most powerful tools. With the Paintbrush Tool (B) and Brush Panel you can dress up your vector paths into compelling flourishes, patterns, tapered edges, and more. In this tutorial, I will break down the basics of the Paintbrush Tool and Brush Panel and show you how to create your own brushes.
Illustrator's Four Brush Types: Illustrator has four kinds of brushes. These various brushes offer a different kind of behaviors when applied to a path.
Calligraphic Brush: The Calligraphic Brush creates a brush stroke that looks like it was scribed by a ink pen or paintbrush. With a Calligraphic Brush you can define a nib or pen point.
Art Brush: The Art Brush will define vector art as a brush. The Art Brush will stretch the art across a path when applied to a path.
Painting with the blob brush
Painting with the Blob Brush and Eraser
1. double-click on the Blob Brush tool icon there in the toolbox.
2. size value of 20 points
3. switch from fixed to pressure
4. increase the variation value to its maximum.
paint a few brush strokes into my artwork, give him a furrowed eyebrow, and a crease across the nose as well.